Media | Conference | film
[TC-I Call to Action]: UnLtd Communications Coordinator
UnLtd India, the organization that helped develop the Social Entrepreneurship conference that we covered extensively before, is hiring a Communications Coordinator. If you’re savvy with media, writing, and marketing, see below.
JOB TITLE : COMMUNICATIONS COORDINATOR (PART TIME TBA)
ORGANISATION: UnLtd India
LOCATION: Bandra West, Mumbai
PURPOSE: To design, develop and effectively implement UnLtd India’s communications strategies.
UnLtd India finds, funds and supports India’s next generation of social entrepreneurs – individuals with the ideas, passion and entrepreneurial skills to bring about long-lasting solutions to the country’s social problems.
UnLtd India works with start-up social entrepreneurs to help them grow as leaders and create high-impact, sustainable organisations ready for scaling and further investment. It does this through providing:
- Seed funding, to pay for critical early start-up costs and to support the entrepreneur as they take their organisation to a sustainable level.
- Hands-on coaching and training, covering business and financial planning, fundraising, legal structures, governance, marketing and HR management.
- High-value connections, linking our entrepreneurs with others like them, mentors, subject-matter experts, and further funders or investors.
Youtube channel: www.youtube.com/unltdindia
Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/pages/UnLtd-India/48998163199?ref=ts
PURPOSE: To promote effective external communications.
The post-holder will:
- Develop UnLtd India’s capacity to engage effectively with potential and existing funders and investees; the media and the wider general public.
- Work to ensure effective planning and delivery of public advocacy and communications activities against agreed objectives.
- Develop and implement best practice in UnLtd India’s communications work.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Development and planning
- Work with the Co-Directors and the rest of the UnLtd India team to: Develop, design and implement UnLtd India’s public advocacy and communications strategies, ensuring that these are developed in a participatory way and advance our strategic objectives;
- Continually develop and promote best practice in UnLtd India’s planning and delivery of public advocacy and communications work;
- Implement mechanisms to promote effective communication between the UnLtd India team members;
- Plan effective and timely communications activities that link to UnLtd India’s organisational objectives and are designed to communicate with target audiences;
- Develop new and innovative ideas on how to communicate most effectively – including through reports, briefings, website and other electronic formats, seminars, audio-visual etc – in accordance with the best practice.
To manage, develop and update UnLtd India communications assets to include:
- Regular maintenance of the UnLtd India’s online presence including the website, YouTube channel and social networks;
- Coordination of video shoots for corporate and investee films;
- Management of key marketing resources including photographs, case studies and statistics.
- Managing the production and dissemination of UnLtd India’s supporter newsletter;
- Managing the production of organisation communications materials including leaflets and annual review.
- Manage the dissemination of UnLtd India’s publications and activity reports to all relevant targets in Government, media, and civil society;
- To establish, manage and develop UnLtd India’s relationship with key writers and opinion formers in domestic and international media to include:
- Daily monitoring of Indian media – identifying key opinion formers and journalists in the press, broadcast media and journals;
- Meet and pitch stories about UnLtd India and our investees to journalists;
- Researching and writing of press releases and press articles for the media and relevant NGO outlets;
- Develop and implement best practice in media relations to ensure UnLtd India maximizes its opportunities to gain relevant coverage and raise its profile in the media.
- Recruit, manage and supervise communications interns
- Oversee management of a media contacts database.
The successful candidate will need:
- A good understanding of the discourse on social entrepreneurship and/or development issues in India;
- At least two years experience working on advocacy issues in a government, international organisation, media or NGO setting;
- High level communication skills, including writing for a variety of communications outputs;
- Experience of liaising with media and gaining media coverage;
- Proven ability to work across teams and plan and manage the implementation of communication strategies, including the timely completion of external briefings and other communications;
- Excellent written and spoken English and Hindi;
- Good understanding of online media.
To apply please email full CV (no longer than 2 pages) together with covering letter outlining relevant experience and explaining why you want to apply for the role (no longer than 1 page). to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for applications: Friday May 22nd, 2009
Unfortunately due to UnLtd India’s resource policy, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.