[TC-I Call to Action] Grassroutes Fellowship
The Grassroutes mantra is to use travel as a means to enable youth to discover different issues plaguing India today and explore the ongoing efforts that are tackling these issues.
The Grassroutes Fellowship consists of a 30 day road-trip where the Fellows are mapped to a social organisation or NGO (host organisation) in rural India. Fellows spend the summer working with change-makers and social entrepreneurs, who are creating sustainable and significant impact in different parts of the country. During their stay, Fellows work on a pre-defined project based on their skill-sets and don the role of social journalists – researching, understanding and capturing unheard stories from the grassroots – of people, places, challenges, solutions, hope and above all, the impact that individuals can create.
The Fellowship experience is aimed at:
1. Providing a transformational experience to Fellows.
2. Adding incremental value to the host organisations.
3. Inspiring a larger community by spreading the experiences of Grassroutes Fellows in the form of human stories.
What do Grassroutes Fellows get?
- A deep understanding of the on-ground reality – the problem at hand, the nonprofits, the change-makers and their actions, the community and the local government.
- An opportunity to capture the stories of all the people involved in community development: the local folks, the change-makers and employ it to inspire a bigger community into social action.
- Access to opportunities on working with Yofa/Grassroutes and our partners.
- Access to network of Grassroutes fellows group for opportunities and networking.
- An opportunity to give back
& finally – A Life changing experience
1. Indian nationals below the age of 25 as of March 2011 are eligible
2. Candidates should be able to dedicate 30 days from fourth week of May
3. Believe in Social Change and Youth Factor!
Apply here by March 1, 2011!